Visual Jockey DECOY aka Dhanya Pilo, is a Mumbai based Spacial media artist & film designer.
She uses her film making and photographic skills to create images of India that are evocative, personal and compelling. A lot of her real time mixing techniques are based on old school DJ tricks + video analog concepts. With a meticulous visual programming of her set, she blends moving art with technology to create a visual orchestra.
While creating original video sequences spontaneously, she is not limited by a particular musical form and modulates to various electro/acoustic performances. While most performances have been in the dance music scene, VJ Decoy has also collaborated with classical ensembles, dancers and other VJ’s. It is interesting to watch her visual jugalbandi with musicians, DJ’s or sound artists as you are made to feel the connection as well as the conversations between the performing artists.
- VJ-ing since 2006
- part of the international VJ collective AETHER09 – that does remote storytelling and live video mixing across continental borders.
- She was part of the “3L” software beta testers team – the only VJ software that creates live 3D content.
- She used to represent VIXID, the makers of cutting edge VJ technology – Vixid VJ16.
- Female Pressure (Berlin) – International Performers collective
- 36khz with urban hippy project (Mumbai)
- Airport with masta justy (Bangalore)
- Wasserkraft with Cio D’or (Berlin)
- 2012-13 the Moscow electronica arts scene + collaborating with local musicians + festivals.
- Decoy uses Licensed software and hardware for all gigs.
- Decoy is now represented by Unmute (Delhi)
- BOOKING: firstname.lastname@example.org